Tuesday, February 24, 2009

!

Ok. . . I just spent 20 minutes updating my blog and was getting ready to post it and I lost it!! So let me try this again.

It has been a while since I wrote an entry for my blog so I thought I should update the few people who actually read this thing. However I tend to get sidetracked and I started reading the some of the other blogs I follow and 2 in particular really made me stop and think about all the inconsequential nonsense that I actually post here. One of the blogs I read regularly is from our friend Brad Rockwell who is now stationed in Iraq. He had to leave his family, job, church, friends, etc. to go to Iraq for a year. Every time I sit down to read his blog I can't help but start to cry as I think about where he is and what he is doing for our country. And really it's not just him, his wife and children have sacrificed a lot too. The other blog I read is from a college friend of mine who I just found not to long ago on Facebook. She was a really good friend in college and I found out she has cancer. She and her husband are blogging their journey so friends can read about it rather than them having to tell their story a million times. She is a wife and mother and has been battling this disease for quite a while. All of these othere stories make me grateful for what I do have. I decided to just list out some of the things I am thankful for.

1) My God who gives me grace whenever I need it.
2) My awesome husband who puts up with me, loves me, and forgives me even when I probably don't deserve it.
3) My kids who sometimes drive me crazy, but all in all are GREAT!!
4) Friends who love to shop, talk story, play games and eat at Kintaro's
5) My small group Bible Study. . . these guys are so great. They are the best testimony of their faith in Jesus Christ.

Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment